Thursday, March 01, 2007

How do you diagnose death?

The doctors said they had never heard of anyone coming round
after 30 minutes of apparent lifelessness,
let alone a young baby.



Misdiagnosing death apparently is not very uncommon.
It's disgusting when a procedure,
euphemistically called an autopsy,
is used to verify the death diagnosis.



Some interesting comments

...which is the reason I want to be cremated.
I remember watching a programme when I was younger
which had a man waking up to find he was in his own coffin,
6 feet under.
At least if they make a mistake and I'm alive,
it won't take long to prove them right and me wrong.


Blimey.
If I'm going to wake up in my own coffin,
I REALLY don't want either to find I've been buried 6 ft under and can't get out,
or to be burned alive.
Think I might request a very long lying-in-state.


30 minutes remarkable!?
Baby declared dead revives after hours in cold storage



Parents find preemie breathing in morgue freezer five hours after she was pronounced dead

Premature baby 'comes back to life'

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails